Is accident prevention a key priority in your workplace?
- Do you have clear procedures and risk controls to support safety?
- Is health and safety included in orientation?
- Are your health and safety representatives trained?
- Is health and safety part of annual mandatory training?
- Is the training appropriate, for example practical as well as theoretical manual handling training?
Employers have a legal and moral responsibility to ensure employees are systematically and adequately trained. This means that organisations must have clear procedures to help staff work effectively, efficiently and safely both now and in the future.
With October being Safe Work Month, it is a timely reminder of the importance of having effective safety measures in place and adequate resources to anticipate and eliminate risk.
No matter what health and safety challenges you face, whether you need one time advice or a full range of services, we are ready to work with you to assess your needs, evaluate options, and develop and implement solutions.
Contact us for:
- gap analyses
- procedure and process reviews
- position description reviews
- health and safety investigations
- training in workplace safety issues
Our occupational health and safety expert, Janis Veldwyk, is a WorkSafe Victoria approved trainer with a Masters Degree in Human Resource Management, a Graduate Diploma of Human Resources, a Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety, and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Janis specialises in OHS policy and procedure reviews, OHS inspections and workers’ compensation cases. She also facilitates a range of courses to increase your employees’ skills and awareness:
- HSR Initial OHS Training Course (Worksafe Victoria approved)
- HSR Refresher OHS Training Course (Worksafe Victoria approved)
- Bullying and Harassment
- Effective Accident and Incident Investigation and Data Analysis
- No Occupational Violence and Aggression
- Risk Management
- Legal Requirements and Updates in OHS
Check out Janis’s profile at https://erigo.com.au/our-team/ or call us on 03 9527 2088 for more information on how she can add value to your organisation.