Please note: training is delivered on-site within your facility. 10 participants are required (minimum) to run a training course.
Under section 67 of the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (the OHS Act) all elected Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and Deputy HSRs (DHSRs) after completing an initial course of training, have an entitlement (for each year they hold office) to attend the HSR Refresher OHS Training Course – Work-related Stress and to choose the course in consultation with their employer.
This WorkSafe approved HSR Refresher OHS Training Course – Work-related Stress is an opportunity to revisit aspects of the HSR Initial OHS Training Course such as key terms and concepts, the value of HSRs to workplace safety, the role of WorkSafe inspectors, hazards, and PIN forms. Other topics include:
- Elements of OHS legislative framework (incl. summary of OHS Act 2004)
- Risk management (incl. determining risk levels and controls)
- Consultation and issue resolution
- HSRs and work-related stress issues.
HSRs are in a position where they can act on behalf of employees in their designated work
group to raise issues which are identified, and to do this they require a level of
understanding of the subject matter. This training steps through information on work related stress to assist in providing that level of understanding to enable the HSR to identify
factors which are impacting mental health and safety. With this knowledge they are able to
liaise with their designated work group and management to raise issues as they are
- Although HSRs are the primary audience, managers, supervisors, health and safety committee members and anyone with an interest in health and safety may also benefit from attending this course to ensure awareness of an HSR’s powers, rights and entitlements.
Certificates of attendance are issued to participants who attend the full day of training (and all sessions therein).
WorkSafe Approved Training
Get in touch to enquire about HSR training. Please note: training is delivered on-site within your facility so a minimum number of 10 participant’s applies.