Please note: training is delivered on-site within your facility. 10 participants are required (minimum) to run a training course.
Under section 67 of the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act (the OHS Act) 2004 an employer, if requested, must allow an elected HSR and elected deputy HSR to attend a WorkSafe-approved HSR Initial OHS Training Course on paid time, pay the cost of the course and any other associated costs. Section 67 also allows HSRs to choose the course in consultation with their employer. Erigo Training is approved by WorkSafe Victoria to deliver the HSR Initial OHS Training Course.
5 days. This course must be completed within 6 months of commencement.
- Interpreting the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Representing DWG members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing the cessation of work
- Although HSR’s are the primary audience, managers, supervisors, health and safety committee members and anyone with an interest in health and safety may also benefit from attending this course to ensure awareness of an HSR’s powers, rights and entitlements.
Certificates of attendance are issued to participants who attend all five days (and all training sessions therein). To receive a certificate of attendance participants must attend all five days.
WorkSafe Approved Training
Get in touch to enquire about HSR training.