Under section 67 of the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (the OHS Act) all elected HSR’s are entitled to undertake WorkSafe Victoria approved OHS training for HSR’s and choose their training course in consultation with their employer. Erigo Training is approved to deliver the HSR Initial OHS Training Course. Under section 67 of the OHS Act an employer, if requested, must allow an elected HSR and elected Deputy HSR to attend a WorkSafe approved HSR Initial OHS Training Course on paid time, pay the cost of the course and any other associated costs. Section 67 also allows HSR’s to choose the approved training course they attend in consultation with their employer.
- Interpreting the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Representing DWG members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing the cessation of work
- Although HSR’s are the primary audience, managers, supervisors, health and safety committee members and anyone with an interest in health and safety may also benefit from attending this course to ensure awareness of an HSR’s powers, rights and entitlements.
Certificates of attendance are issued to participants who attend all five days (and all training sessions therein).
WorkSafe Approved Training
Get in touch to enquire about HSR training. Please note: training is delivered on-site within your facility so a minimum number (10 participant’s) applies.